Monday, June 7, 2010

A glimpse of summer

It's been beautiful here in KTN the last few days. What happens when it's not pissing sideways rain? The planes start droppin in, and I get busy! Very very busy.


So busy, that I started this post over a month ago and I'm just now getting to it!

So we all know how much I love my job. No, that isn't me being a sarcastic asshat; I really do love it. I get so busy, and it's high stress, which I apparently handle quite well. Some of the others around here get all flustered and look like they want to cry half the time, but me? Oh baby, bring it on.
Take this morning for example. It's almost noon as I write this, and I've been here since 0630 this morning. I've made 12 pots of coffee, and billed out 11 fuelings/planes. I've handled and received freight, worked up 4 airway bills, entered 3 trucks of Jet A, and also made 4 more reservations for jets coming in this summer. I've made hotel reservations, car reservations, and even set up a fishing charter for one crew. To some, it looks as though I've been running around the office like a chicken with my head cut off...but to me, I live for this shit. :) I can't wait until Saturday; 12 pistons, a global express, 2 lear 45's, a G5 PLUS our regular daily Alaska Airlines planes, and ACE. Some people think I'm crazy for wanting to work that day. It's even my day off, but I switched with one of the gals just so that I can partake in the crazies.
Bring on the summer, and bring on the planes!

No comments:

Post a Comment