Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cut to the chase

I'll just come out with it. Yeah, I'm dating a pilot, and yes, it's probably against company policy to do so...but I haven't really looked. I think somewhere in the 'code of ethics' it says we are not allowed to fraternize with customers/crew/pilots. Of course, this is also the same company policy that says in my job description that I am required on a regular basis to "finger, and handle" upon request. Take that last part how you want.... we all know I did.

Of course, I would like to clarify that I'm not dating him because he's a pilot. I'm dating him because I love him. I'm 100% confidant that I would still be with him even if he was unemployed.

Now, since I work with pilots all damn day long, I get a LOT of grief over this part of my personal life. It isn't like as soon as someone walks in the door I'm like, "I'm dating a pilot!" Uh, no... Opposite really... but like I've mentioned before, I spend hours with the same guys every day. It just gets out.
In all actuality, sometimes it bothers me that he's a pilot. It definitely isn't a 'safe' job by any means, and it doesn't help that he recently gave me a book on flight physiology... and oh by the way, when I asked him if he'd ever taken an altitude chamber ride, the convo turned into how the learjet is notorious for pressurization issues. Yeah, great. Super. So, not only do I get freaked out that he's going to become hypoxic and crash into the side of the mountains, I also get to worry that the lear is just going to *pop* and he has like a minute and thirty seconds to drop it down to a lower altitude... which to me, isn't really feasible, considering that if he's going along at 38,000ft he's going to be unconscious in 12 seconds. great.

Rumor of the century; Pilots are whores.
Nah... not really. Most of them are actually really great guys. Besides, he isn't gone long enough to have an affair, so I don't need to worry about it.

I wonder if it's like a pilot fantasy to date an FBO girl...
Case in point; www.fbohotties.com This is a website dedicated to finding those 'hotties' and for pilots to post pictures of them. Might I also add, that yes, my boyfriend HAS in fact submitted a 'hottie' to this website. (and no, it wasn't me)

Well if it is a fantasy.... he's livin' the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment